TTT voting powers?

ShootingStarShootingStar Posts: 26Community_Member
Hi everyone your fav star here.

Can we add more "vote" powers on TTT?

Sometimes when I am on and no staff is on and I see/ hear someone rdm (including myself Shooooot). Then I think "Votekick" is a little harsh. I would prefer someting like a "Voteslay" or "VoteAutoSlay" for next round instead.
I think this idea would be better than pretty much throw people away who rdm.

I would also like a "voterev" option if it is poissiple.

Hope it can be done and that you agree with me :^)

Comments

• TheUmpireTheUmpire Posts: 201Admin
    Its already on the Admin board as suggestion (for 2 weeks). Waiting till Sonic approves or denies.
    Also I dont even have respawn/revive. It doesnt exist for TTT sadly (atleast not on this server)
    ShootingStar
  • 1 month later
  • ShootingStarShootingStar Posts: 26Community_Member
    Hi Umpire
    Got any updates on the Voting powers?
  • Sonic_CloudSonic_Cloud Posts: 499Owner
    @ShootingStar There hasn't been any movement on voting powers because i do everything by myself and i have not had access to a computer regularly. however this has now changed and there should be some update this week
  • DjharperDjharper Posts: 229Veteran
    Vote revive doesn't fit TTT, it means we have a proven due to RDM which is dumb, we have a defibrillator for a reason. Vote auto slay is good (although allowing 'trusted' trusted access to RDM manager while staff are on could work?).
    Thanks for the info @Sonic_Cloud I will be looking forward to the update :D and Shooooot not having access to a computer X_X.
    @Djharper is it not only the Detective who has a defibrillator? Sorry if I may ask stupid, but you are proberly right in the vote rev is a bad option.
    I just personally would like it because if there is a bunch of guests online with no staff on then I can "vote" rev those who were Rdm'd. Hopefully we would not lose guests that fast because of the waiting time then :).

I just personally would like it because if there is a bunch of guests online with no staff on then I can "vote" rev those who were Rdm'd. Hopefully we would not lose guests that fast because of the waiting time then :).

Uhmm we don't revive people who got RDMed, we never did. That would make it an unfair situation because the person who gets revived can say that the person who killed him/her is innocent. Only the defib, since it's a normal T and D weapon, makes that fair. People who got RDMed should report the one who RDMed him/her. Thats part of TTT>

With the !voterev thing, I already said in my first reaction, we don't have that for this server. I know a !respawn command exist for TTT (I had it on my previous server), but you only use it then for people who die in pre-round, so they still have a chance to pick up weapons before the round starts. Not that big of an advantage for having/using !respawn.

@TheUmpire I did say at the end "but you are proberly right in the vote rev is a bad option." in my former comment to Djharper. I just blankly put it out that I personally would like it and why.
    @Djharper did state "it means we have a proven due to RDM which is dumb" which when I thougt about it agreed to. No issue here Umpire :) but thanks for the expanding example and explanation.
    TheUmpire
  • 6 days later
  • DjharperDjharper Posts: 229Veteran
    Bringing this back up again (Although it's likely being dealt with). Possibly allow retired/trusted access to RDM manager when staff are offline and restrict access when they're on. Likely annoying/impossible to code for TTT but as always just wishful suggesting :).
  • Sonic_CloudSonic_Cloud Posts: 499Owner
    I am very much against people like that having access to the RDM manager purley because thats why we have staff ranks and then it just gets annoying trying to moderate another thing
  • IngeInge Posts: 686Veteran
    I am not sure how it is now for other ranks than staff nowadays, but there are servers where you can see what happened during rounds, the round afterwards. They can't see what happens the round itself, what the roles are and the reports, but it is more than enough for a Trusted/Retired to use votekicks etc.
  • CrashOverrideCrashOverride Posts: 138Community_Member
    @Djharper If it exists it can be programmed, needless to say, piss off that's hard. :3
  • ShewolfShewolf Posts: 403Admin
    So wait a minute....... Id revive isnt a thing in TTT... what exactly is it you want trusteds to have access to, @ShootingStar ???
    ZunniShootingStar
    Well it is a thing, but not for this server. Also you can only really use revive/respawn if someone dies in pre-round, not in the normal round, so the difference is very small.

@ShootingStar asked if Trusted can have !voteslay in case no staff is online, which is (in my opinion) perfectly fine.

@Djharper then wanted Trusted/Retired-access to the RDM manager, but that is too much in my opinion and I dont want that to happen. So !voteslay is enough then in my opinion.

I don't know if Trusted/Retired have !votekick, but that also should be possible in my opinion in case of the more severe fouls.
    Zunni
    @Shewolf "Voteslay" or "VoteAutoSlay" Wolf -.O

I also would add that I am agree with @TheUmpire and @Sonic_Cloud who is still hiding from me *shakes fists*
    that it is a bit much for trusted (no clue about retired) to have acces to the RDM manager.

The main Purpose for the "!Voteslay" would be an obvious RDM without deeper investigating like the Moderaters do.

It is like "!votekick" just less shooooting people out of the server.
  • ShewolfShewolf Posts: 403Admin
    Ahhhhhhhhhh then I agree too :-)