WTF IS THIS TTT VS JB?!!

joe.aldredjoe.aldred Posts: 1,233Admin
Well, this has gotten out of hand and escalated way too much. I mean, WTF?

What has started as a bit of staff banter has literally branched out to the players of TTT and Jailbreak and they have decided to fight over it.

I mean, yes, the TTT folk are way too automated, and us Jailbreakians prefer to moderate the good old fashioned way, but Jesus Christ, everyone just chill out.

Remember,

TTT= Automated scum
Jailbreak= Old farts who don't evolve
PortalOfficiallyErinclInge

Comments

• PortalPortal Posts: 390Veteran
    WE WANT ERINS HEAD ON A SPIKE!!!!!!
    JBJBJBJBJBJBJBJB
    TTT WILL RUN RAMPANT WITH JAILBREAKIANS BATTERING DOWN ALL TTT PEEPS
    JBJBJB
    joe.aldredOfficiallyInge
  • joe.aldredjoe.aldred Posts: 1,233Admin
    Believe it or not, as automated and scummy as she is, i love @Erincl and i would never like to see her head on any kind of spike

(NO I DID NOT BLATANTLY SHOVE AN INNUENDO IN THAT)
    Erincl
  • OfficiallyOfficially Posts: 815Community_Member
    Well, let's turn this discussion into a joe and erin fanfic!
  • MajorConcernsMajorConcerns Posts: 9Community_Member
    Both are pretty fun tbf..

sorry not sorry
  • ErinclErincl Posts: 20Community_Member
    Right, no. TTT Is obviously the best. You guys stand no chance in this war.
    u wonna fokin go m8
    IngeKitKatKate
  • sgTwatazsgTwataz Posts: 67Community_Member
    edited July 2015
    Can we talk about hot men on this post please. image
    IngeKitKatKate
    just look at my face for a while, that usually does the trick
    Joe, i value your opinion, but you are wrong, and you are stupid for thinking that.
    joe.aldredOfficially
  • IngeInge Posts: 686Veteran
    @sgTwataz‌ That is your best idea so far. Please more giffs of hot men!
    KitKatKate
    Here his cousin image
    Inge
  • KitKatKateKitKatKate Posts: 1,633Community_Member

For all you 50 Shades of Grey fans (:
    Inge
    And let's not forget the hot women.

Might cheer Joe up, who knows.
    Portaljoe.aldred
    Joe and erin sittin in a tree
    K.i.s.s.i.n.g

Btw what i said earlier was a joke
    I hope you dont have a problem with me and erin ;)
    Erin and I**
    Inge
    Yay grammer!!! image
    grammar
    @KitKatKate‌ Actually, it IS me and Erin, not I and Erin.

English lesson in the summer holidays:

Take all people out of the sentence apart from yourself. Then decide if it should read I or me. Then add in the other people again.
    edited July 2015
    If you actually want to do it the proper way you always name the "other" people first, not yourself.

So you might want to have more knowledge of the English grammar yourself before you try to "school" someone else. @Officially‌

Btw: I am Dutch and my basic knowledge is even better than yours. @KitKatKate‌ is right in this case. Case closed.
    KitKatKate
    edited July 2015
    rekt?

oh and portal didn't school anyone, it was officially
    Oh woops, I'll change that. I was also looking at that Erin and Joe sitting in a tree comment, probably confused me. Didn't know you two were so in love ;)
    Wow. Inge has gotten so used to hating on my comments it has just become second nature ;)
    Also...romeo and juliet is a good way of showing what is happening between joe and erin ;) joe and the bot coming to a cinema near yiu

IT MUST BE LUV LUV LUV
    @PortalOne10‌ Sorry about that buddy. I promise I won't "meh" all of your comments.
    Portal
    She says whilst un"meh"-ing all my comments ;)

Its ok inge
    @WarGirl‌, I've just wasted 5 minutes of my life double-checking the I and me rules. I still believe that should be 'Erin and me'. I will explain why, but please let me know why I am wrong.

The sentence read 'I hope you dont have a problem with me and erin'. In how I was taught, and have taught people, to decide whether it is I or me is to remove all nouns other than your I or me, then read the sentence. This sentence would then read 'I hope you dont have a problem with me', which sounds grammatically correct (apart from the lack of apostrophes) than 'I hope you dont have a problem with I.'

After, for me at least, making the decision that 'me' is correct, I then re-form the sentence to read, like it originally did, 'I hope you dont have a problem with me and erin'.

Please let me know where I am wrong.

:P
    I am now going to copy and paste an article about this in so I don't get told off for using a link:

“I” vs. “me” – one of the easiest grammar rules to learn, really and truly
    I admit it: this is one of my biggest pet peeves, heard everywhere from erudite scholars to less-than-brainy reality TV stars. Either way, somehow it’s come to be understood that in the English language, when in doubt, use “I” and you will likely be speaking correct grammar and sound intelligent too. Not so, people!

While both are pronouns that refer to oneself, there is a simple explanation for the difference between the two (and the key to their use). Use “I” when you are the subject of a sentence; use “me” when you are the object of the sentence. Remember sentence diagrams? At their most basic: [Subject] followed by [verb] followed by [object].

What messes people up though is when you have more than one person as the subject or the object, when the sentence is “He and I went to the store.” Okay, easy enough, “he and I” is correct here. But which of these sentences is correct?

– At the store, the manager congratulated he and I.
    – At the store, the manager congratulated him and I.
    – At the store, the manager congratulated him and me.

In the above examples, the manager is the subject and therefore, “me” is the object, and the third sentence is the correct one. “The manager congratulated him” – easy. But add another person so it’s not singular anymore and it messes people up. You wouldn't say, “the manager congratulated I” but a lot of people would have said “the manager congratulated him and I” and think they’re speaking correctly when they’re not.

The easiest way to tell when “I” is correct and when “me” is correct is to remove the other noun (or person) from the sentence and see if it still makes sense.

Examples of the correct use of “I”
    – Georgia and I went to the beach this weekend.

I went to the beach this weekend. Me went to the beach this weekend doesn't make sense. Easy, I know.

– She and I have to make bouillabaisse.

I have to make bouillabaisse. She has to make bouillabaisse. Her has to make bouillabaisse and me has to make bouillabaisse don’t make sense. Still easy, but wait.

Examples of the correct use of “me”

– Please come with Randolph and me to the monster truck rally.

Take out Randolph and it’s “Please come with me to the monster truck rally.” Please come with I to the monster truck rally doesn't make sense.

– I heard the diplomat talking about him and me.

(Again, take out the other person):
    Correct: I heard the diplomat talking about me. I heard the diplomat talking about him.

Incorrect: I heard the diplomat talking about I, or I heard the diplomat talking about he don’t make sense.

Now, go forth and speak properly (dammit)!

Postscript:
    Need a good primer on grammar? I highly recommend this book, The Deluxe Transitive Vampire: A Handbook of Grammar for the Innocent, the Eager and the Doomed. Herewith is Amazon’s glowing Editorial Review:

Karen Elizabeth Gordon is no ordinary grammarian, and her works (including The New Well-Tempered Sentence, Torn Wings and Faux Pas, and The Dishevelled Dictionary)–are no ordinary books of grammar. A special edition of the 1984 classic, The Deluxe Transitive Vampire is populated by a wickedly decadent cast of gargoyles, mastodons, murderous débutantes, and, yes, vampires (both transitive and otherwise), who cavort and consort in order to illustrate basic principles of grammar. The sentences are intoxicating–“How he loved to dangle his participles, brush his forelock off his forehead with his foreleg, and gaze into the aqueous depths”–but the rules and their explanations are as sound as any you might find in Strunk and White.

Outlining the building blocks of the English language, from parts of speech to phrases and clauses, The Deluxe Transitive Vampire goes on to exorcise such grammatical demons as passive voice, fragments, comma splices, and run-on sentences. At last, a handbook of grammar you will actually want to read.
    Inge
    I shall forward this to every single English book publicer I have books off and all of my 4 English teachers that they are all wrong about what they taught me.
    Wait what? No I ain't wrong, like I said you always put the name of the other person first and after that your own.
    You just wasted 5 minutes of your life dubbel checking the wrong thing! HA!