Non-Official Tutorial: Adding and Using a Music Bot on TeamSpeak

OfficiallyOfficially Posts: 815Community_Member
Note: To use a Music Bot on Gentlemen Gamers TeamSpeak server, YOU NEED A DONATOR RANK!!
You'll need to let staff know that your TS account IS the real you and then you will get your Donator rank.

Also, I'm not responsible for any crap you get from downloading anything. I'm not sure if Virtual Audio Cable is meant to cost money or not and do not encourage pirating.

1. Install Virtual Audio Cable (Trial) here: http://software.muzychenko.net/eng/vac.htm#trial
2. Extract it
3. Open up setup.exe or for x64 users, setup64.exe
4. Go onto TeamSpeak
5. Select Settings and then Options or use Alt + P
6. Go to Playback
7. Press the green plus button underneath the list called Profiles
8. Name the new profile 'Music Bot' or whatever you want to call it and make sure Default Settings is selected
9. Select the profile you just created
10. Make the Playback device something you never use (or create a 2nd line on Virtual Audio Cable) to stop echo
11. Click apply and then Capture
12. Select the profile you just created
13. Make the Capture Device Line 1 (Virtual Audio Cable), select Voice Activation Detection and slide the slider all the way to the left then click apply
[THE FOLLOWING STEPS ARE TO PLAY MUSIC THROUGH THE INTERNET] (I cba doing it for anything else so just Google it)
14. Install VLC (the traffic cone thing)
15. Select Audio and then Line 1 as Audio Device
16. Hit Ctrl + N and input the link to whatever song/playlist you want
17. Enjoy :)

Hope I got it all right, comment corrections and staff; please don't kill me for using foreign links. Also, contact staff and make your TS Bot the Music Bot rank before playing music.
NICHOLLTRON

Comments

• KitKatKateKitKatKate Posts: 1,633Community_Member
    "Also, I'm not responsible for any crap you get from downloading anything." GG in a nutshell.
    joe.aldredOfficiallyShewolf
  • PortalPortal Posts: 389Veteran
    Lel
    Wait... unnoficial?
    No1) your name is officially;)
    No2)UNNOFICIAL MEANS VIRUS LADS
    Officially
  • OfficiallyOfficially Posts: 815Community_Member
    I knew I'd forgotten something... After you've adjusted the settings, go onto the Identity tab (still under settings) and name the Music Bot. I'd recommend calling it something with your name in, e.g. 'Officially's Musical CrapBot'.

After that, go onto bookmarks and right click on Gentlemen Gamers and then Edit Bookmark.
    Right click on Gentlemen Gamers again from there and duplicate it. Name the duplicate something like:
    'Gentlemen Gamers - Music Bot' and make sure the identity, capture profile and music profile are set as the music bot. Save that. To connect your music bot, right click on the Music Bot Gentlemen Gamers link and select 'join in new tab'.

MAKE SURE YOUR MUSIC BOT STAYS IN THE SAME CHANNEL AS YOU!!
  • HardcoreHostileHardcoreHostile Posts: 1,100Community_Member
    I hate the face that Spotify updated and broke the plugin.
    joe.aldred
  • joe.aldredjoe.aldred Posts: 1,233Admin
    SMplayer is a good alternative for youtube playlists. handles them pretty well and is just as customisable as VAC
  • 4 months later
  • NICHOLLTRONNICHOLLTRON Posts: 409Community_Member
    How do I make another Line for VAC? (e_e)
    Nevermind, I've done it. Nice tutorial by the way Officially. c:
  • 7 months later
  • KodiKodi Posts: 231Community_Member
    Does this tutorial still work @Officially ?
    @Kodi yes, but I'd recommend getting a pirated version. The trial version mutes the music and says 'trial' every 30 seconds. If you Google how to make a TS music bot, you have a tutorial which has a link to some kind of file sharing website for a free full version.
  • joe.aldredjoe.aldred Posts: 1,233Admin

@Kodi yes, but I'd recommend getting a pirated version.

LOL, just get VB audio cable instead. It seems to be lighter software and better quality too

Shewolf
  • HannibalHannibal Posts: 96Community_Member
    Thank you for the guide Officially! I didn't have any idea where to start when it came to making a Music Bot.
    Oh dear. Does this mean we have to endure death metal? :s
  • HannibalHannibal Posts: 96Community_Member
    Death metal and shitty trap music, of course.
  • 7 days later
  • TheUndeadReaperTheUndeadReaper Posts: 6Community_Member
    how do i make a second line for the the vac besides line 1 for my play back
  • 23 days later
    I am puttin youtube url's and links into vlc player but it is saying that my input is invalid... What do I do?
    I'd use sm player instead. I got that problem as well and I don't know how to fix it.
    Thanks Nic got it working :D
  • 19 days later
    Is the VAC listed there the trial or a pirate version?
    Ignore me, I just realised it was different software.