Tutorial: Transferring an Identity to a Mobile Device

JonnyJonny Posts: 307Community_Member
edited March 2015 in TeamSpeak
For this tutorial I will be using my Nexus 7 Tablet on Android v5.0.2. I will be using the official TeamSpeak Android App v3.0.17. I will also be using Windows 8, but there should not be many variations between Windows 8 and other variations of Windows for the functions needed. Prerequisite reading.

I'm going to assume that by reading this tutorial you already have your TeamSpeak identity file and do not need to export it. If you do not know how to do this, please refer to the prerequisite reading.

Firstly, you need to attach your charging/data transfer cable to your computer and make sure that your computer recognises your mobile device. You need to go into the internal storage of your mobile device and find your downloads folder. For me, this is in the path "This PC (or Computer for Windows 7 users) > Nexus 7 > Internal Storage > Download". You need to place your TeamSpeak Identity File in this path of your mobile device.

From here, you need to go onto your mobile device and open up TeamSpeak. You'll see that if you try to connect to TeamSpeak currently without a secure identity, you will receive this error.

This tutorial will make more sense if you don't have any bookmarks. It is easier to walk you through the process by creating a new bookmark rather than editing an existing one. If you already have any bookmarks related to Gentlemen Gamers' TeamSpeak, please delete them now.

Now, the issue we are having is not being able to connect because our security level is not high enough. You now need to click the identities icon/text in the top right hand corner of the TeamSpeak app (my device shows the text because the screen is large enough to, in some cases, it might only be the icon). The identities page should look like the below image.

To identify your identity, it needs to be in the downloads folder of your device, as previously stated. You now need to click the button in the middle of the screen at the bottom to import your identity. Once you have pressed it, a screen like the below image should come up.

You then need to click on the identity you want to import (make sure you choose the right one if you have imported more than one identity). This should make it appear in identities list, as show below.

You then need to press the back button to get back to the home screen of the TeamSpeak app. You then need to press the "+" icon at the bottom of your screen in the middle to add a new bookmark. You then need to fill in the information in the fields shown. I have mocked up an example for me personally, but you need to change your Nickname and your identity.

You then need to press the save button and you should now be able to connect to Gentlemen Gamers' TeamSpeak server via your mobile device.

Having issues? Send me a message on the forums or send me an e-mail.
Sonic_Cloudmunchkinatergrey

Comments

• HardcoreHostileHardcoreHostile Posts: 1,100Community_Member
    This is an amazing tutorial on how to transfer to a mobile Devie but what about a mobile device?
    munchkinater
  • JonnyJonny Posts: 307Community_Member
    I hate you @HardcoreHostile‌
  • BobinRasterdsBobinRasterds Posts: 563Community_Member
    Thank you Jonerfen for this useful and informative guide. I'm sure that this will be very useful for all of the Gentlemen Gamers community. You should do a series of tutorials for all factors of the community which may be confusing. Including screenshots, ensuring that you blur out all sensitive information.
    kkk
  • KitKatKateKitKatKate Posts: 1,633Community_Member
    Hostile has taken my job of correcting Jonny's bad grammar.
  • HardcoreHostileHardcoreHostile Posts: 1,100Community_Member
    I won't take all your jobs Kate, you can continue correcting him ;)
    Hey the only times my grammar is bad is when it's early in the morning or late at night. This was in the morning.
    Then don't write it in the morning or evening or correct it before we do, not hard.
    Well I had time to kill so I just wrote it
    Fair enough