[TTT]The hate I have for 'Gun holstering'

DjharperDjharper Posts: 229Veteran
Right, this is going to be quick and likely not accepted due to the way adding things works. I hate adding the ability to see peoples guns. I hate it with a passion and eternally. It adds more realism to the game? So does not having the shotgun be a long ranged gun that can kill someone three hundred meters away! If you want realism remove the ability for Batman and freaking Star Lord from killing each other with a gun that fires explosive melons. Wait, you like it visually? Then make it a point shop item, a simple vanity item instead of a server wide curse upon us! Oh, now you're saying it's good for detecting traitors? Of course it is, you can see AWPs on peoples backs. A game of TTT is about deception, murder and lying.

'I don't have an AWP'-
'It's on your back mate...'-
'Shit.'

The AWP slows you down giving it a nerf as those with the ability to see how fast you're moving can detect if you have one. Oh, wait- you think it's cool. Use pointshop. Now, this ability likely won't be removed due to the fact it was recently added/ staff adore it. I don't. My personal thought would be this, easily so it's not totally dead, make it a pointshop thing. Thanks, this was quick and my English was likely shit- Have fun reading it :P
Gun Holstering
  1. Should we have the ability, and to what point, to see people's guns?7 votes
    1. It should be a feature everyone has to abide by!
        0.00%
    2. Pointshop only (If you complain about balance don't buy it due to vanity)
      57.14%
    3. No, it should be removed entirely (Unlikely for the current time).
      42.86%

Comments

• DjharperDjharper Posts: 229Veteran
    Another suggestion I thought is having cosmetics for a certain gun to always be visible aka a perma sniper on your back. This would just be visual and not a real gun that's use able.
  • TheUmpireTheUmpire Posts: 201Admin
    1. '' Of course it is, you can see AWPs on peoples backs. '' -> you can't...
    2. I told you we just added this. I also told you I want to see for a week what people think about it. Day 1 and you are directly making a forum post about it because I didnt want to remove it directly for you
  • CrashOverrideCrashOverride Posts: 138Community_Member
    @TheUmpire Got to agree with him on this one, It sounds like a broken game mechanic. If your first point is true, then why would he make this post? A mechanic like that sounds like something that would ruin the point of TTT, as Harper said here, "It's a game based off of deception." I've cast my vote, and to everyone reading this, I ask you vote no. This is a completely ridiculous attempt to add something "interesting" which will have a huge effect on the gameplay of TTT.
    TheUmpire
  • IngeInge Posts: 685Veteran
    Isn't TTT a game where you need to figure out who is killing the others? Otherwise it just becomes an unfair Team Deathmatch. Definately a big no.

And yes it is broken game mechanics. I have heard it before.
  • Sonic_CloudSonic_Cloud Posts: 496Owner

Also, It was a nice idea that was definitely worth trying out on a game mode that doesn't change too much around here, but you know what would help TTT in times like this.........a nice suggestion for stuff you would like :P
    Angi
    Coincidentally I planned on a large suggestion post however I made this for the time being instead as I'm evil. Soon I will be making my post of positive suggestions. Thanks, my apologies for already starting this up.
    @Djharper Perhaps we could have a discussion about your large suggestions, definetly wouldn't mind talking to somebody who actually knows their shit ;)
    @CrashOverride someone who knows their shit? Guess you need someone to explain all this to you then xD
    AngiOriichilari
    Thanks for that Crash...
    @Sonic_Cloud Quite right, I need somebody who knows their shit, somebody who can come up with good ideas, that are fleshed out and thought about before being implemented, somebody who has the experience required to say weather or not something is, or is not a good idea, and why. Somebody who can explain why stuff like this happens, when it shouldn't. I think @Djharper fits those requirements, thus I think we could have a constructive conversation that might bring good results to the many tables in front of us.
    edited October 2017
    @CrashOverride how is your Rust server doing btw?
    OriichilariBorthyAngiPortal
    @CrashOverride not so subtle comments don't help anything. Try talking to the admin and the whole that would be more productive than getting all red wedding on the situation
    Also. Keep it grown up and constructive people otherwise I have to pretend to be a responsible adult
    @TheUmpire idk since it isnt mine? lol go ask @Smile its none of my concern buddy.

@Sonic_Cloud how do you pull of "responsible" if you can hardly pull of "adult"? ;)

probably gonna make a new thread since this comment was a lot longer 'till about 30 seconds ago when I cut everything out.
  • AngiAngi Posts: 78Community_Member
    And here we go again...
  • OriichilariOriichilari Posts: 110Admin
    can we not do this guys. Like seriously it's pretty immature. I'm all for suggestions and constructive criticism but this is obviously getting pretty petty.
    Agreed, if you can't make your point without insulting someone then that's pretty sad. Let's just all work together and give feedback without being mean.
    @Angi Although I agree with your point 100%, mean is unfortunatly an opinionated thing, making it beautifully hard to say what needs to be said without "hurting peoples feelings" or "being rude" or "insulting people"
    There's being hurtfilly constructive and there's just being off handed bitchy. Unfortunately crash you are coming of as the latter. If you have an issue with umpire just talk to him about it in private instead of making a public display of your your lack if faith in him.....please don't let this escalate guys. It's not worth it
    It's already escalating, I'd suggesting locking the thread or messaging each other personally without attacking each other here
    @Sonic_Cloud I don't have an issue with him? I don't have an issue with anyone here...

As a matter of fact, I have faith in every single person in this thread, not to mention every single person on the staff team, including those who have retired. Part of my faith is expectations.

Looking back my post about Harper seems heavily directed at @TheUmpire and I would like to apologize, the post was intended not to show my lack of faith in you Umpire, but rather my interest in @Djharper 's ideas and suggestions, as it appears to me that Harper has (refer to DJ post) the mentality for coming up with good ideas.

First Umpire, you said something vague, then tried to roast me. I understand why, but we are all here to be constructive, not to take blows at each other like little children. I don't see how you thought it would be a good idea to insult my project on hiatus which I have put 40+ hours into. I would never do that to anyone else here, I know you all work much harder than I do.

Let it never be said that I have an issue with anyone here, I'm a friendly person but my criticisms are written truthfully, constructively and bluntly. I don't beat around the bush or sugar coat anything, I say what needs to be said. While I can safely say that I have no intent to harm, it's up to you to interpret what I say.

Would anyone, like me to clarify anything?
    I mean that sincerely, if you want me to clarify or talk about any other point, please don't be afraid to say so here or in a private message.
    IngePortal
    So I just got back, I hope all is well now, if not maybe we can sort out any beef in TS? I plan on making my list today but no promises it'll all be great. Downtown's for all the responses to the original point of the thread <3.
    @Djharper I assume the air has been cleared XD i know @TheUmpire is away for 3 days but im sure if you post your list in the suggestions section we can get some good feedback from interested people
    @Djharper Find me on Discord I still wanna have a chat xd
    Oh no, Discord- the bane of TS!