Betting for deathrun?

ed_that_guyed_that_guy Posts: 57Community_Member
I was thinking about deathrun being made more competitive. I had seen betting on other servers so I though that we could add this too. I know the first problem would be fixing and I think to avoid that we could make the max bet 500 points, deaths can't bet and also if a free run was given then all bets are off. I would be happy to anwser any other questions but I think this would be a good way to improve the competitive aspect of deathrun
What do you think
  1. Good or bad14 votes
    1. Good
      57.14%
    2. Bad
      42.86%

Comments

• The_narratorThe_narrator Posts: 177Community_Member
    like the idea adds a new element to the start of any deathrun round XD
  • OriichilariOriichilari Posts: 110Admin
    Personally feel like that'd be faaar too complicated. I can already think of a few problems the main ones being

- Even limiting the bet value you still introduce the idea of point farming and rigging
    - A mechanic would have to be introduced that formally signaled a freerun to the whole server. This could be useful, however it would also mean there would have to be a set time limit in which you're allowed to call a freerun, which creates a whole bunch of problems in itself.
    - Taking the time at the start of the round to bet, skews the results immediately, and slow typers would get salty when the anti-afk measures kill them.

It's a neat idea don't get me wrong but it sounds way too convoluted for what is essentially a gimmick.
  • IngeInge Posts: 684Veteran
    Nahh it's not about competition anyway. It's also about teamwork (at least for me). Yes I can get competitive, but mainly because I want to own the deaths, not my fellow runners. You'll completely change the purpose of the game. Instead of teamwork to kill the deaths it will be everyone for themselves, which will make it unfair and less fun for the people who are bad at Deathrun or who are new.

+ all the things Ori said... :$
  • ed_that_guyed_that_guy Posts: 57Community_Member
    i hear what you are saying but as for the point farming we could and try different ways to stop the farming for example making it so that if a bet was placed and the runner won then death would have to pay say 25% of what they won giving an incentive for death to do well. For the freerun mechanic, i have seen a !freerun, for the deaths were they can vote for freeruns but i can see a few problems we will have to sort out. And try and make it so that players can vote the round before when they are dead.
    It was just an idea to see how many people would attually like the idea. We could try and develope it more in the future
  • BorthyBorthy Posts: 85Veteran
    I have to agree with orii and inge here, I feel that deathrun is more about teamwork than competition. It is about working together. I think if we added things like betting and stuff it would cause problems and possibly alot of lag issues.
  • PortalPortal Posts: 389Veteran
    After reading everyone's comments, I have to agree with inge, orii and booorty. However, maybe there is a third option that could work (audible gasp!)

LOTTERY

On other servers i have seen lotterys going on with a !lotto command. This would take the gambling aspect from ed's suggestion and it cant be abused. This would be fun imo.
  • TheGamingMarioTheGamingMario Posts: 162Community_Member
    I dont know who's right and who's left (BA DUM TSSSSSSSSSSSSS) it would be fun to have something like betting or what Portal said lottery in dr but just like in my suggestion for dr there would be too many errors with it but if there arent i definitely think it should be added.