Community Update #8.5 - Revenge of the Joe

Sonic_CloudSonic_Cloud Posts: 495Owner
Well, this week has been a roller coaster of emotions. but I'm not going to explain too much here, that honour goes to @joe.aldred. I will explain my side of events and things and i will let joe do the big explanation post since, well you know......i'm now picking up the slack and he has nothing to to do now.

But I have spoken to joe, and it was nice to just talk to a friend, and we both agree that he deserves more than just veteran. At the end of the day joe has help shape the servers. He was gunning for the fabled [Founder] rank. Buuuuttttt I had to shoot that down. Not because he hasn't earned it, but because that rank has a bit emotional tie for me and its not a rank i ever want anyone else to have. So the rank joe is getting is......well we are not entirely sure what to call it, to be honest. Joe wants to call it [Ambassador] i want to call it [Patron]. So once again we are at odds about this. so for the time being i will take his suggestion but ill just gonna list some tags here just in case he feels like changing his mind.As for what this rank is, basically It means joe gets a big shiny badge for all his work. The rank has no responsibility, Not special access to things and no special privileges.

So yeah, i guess i will leave joe to fill in the blanks

Alternative Titles:
[VIP]
[Gentlemen] or [Gentry]
[Patron]
[Duke]
[Patrician]

Comments

• OfficiallyOfficially Posts: 815Community_Member
    Gentlemen could be cool considering the server name. Patron and VIP sound a bit like it's just a super donator rank imo and ambassador almost doesn't really make sense unless Joe goes to another server and sets up an embassy.

[Patrician]

How about Patricia? Also, when you say no special powers or privileges, does that mean the rank is ceremonial in the same kind of way as Retired or is it more like Veteran in having staff powers?
  • Sonic_CloudSonic_Cloud Posts: 495Owner
    Its more inline with veteran than retired

Its more inline with veteran than retired

This works out nicely in my opinion. Joe gets the recognition he deserves and the mighty, mighty convenience of being able to sort out RDMs against you quickly.
  • RoseRose Posts: 395Community_Member
    +1 for 'Gentlemen' or 'Duke' :3
  • TheGamingMarioTheGamingMario Posts: 162Community_Member
    I like the "Gentlemen" one its very cool
  • The_narratorThe_narrator Posts: 177Community_Member
    Community team leader ??? throwing it out there @Rose will agree ;)

What about alumni :) or hall of famer xD
  • joe.aldredjoe.aldred Posts: 1,233Admin
    I am not gentle, nor am I a man.
  • Sonic_CloudSonic_Cloud Posts: 495Owner
    "I am not a man" Joe Aldred 2k17
  • RoseRose Posts: 395Community_Member
    Joe = robot confirmed? :o
    Kodi
  • TheUmpireTheUmpire Posts: 201Admin
    Duke sounds the best in my opinion
  • OriichilariOriichilari Posts: 110Admin
    Am I the only one liking Resident Cunt