Community Update #8 - Demotion of Joe

Sonic_CloudSonic_Cloud Posts: 495Owner

Well, this is a post I thought I would never have to write any time soon.

But as of last night, I had decided to demote @joe.aldred, This was mostly due to a few reason in my head which had been building up. But regardless to why he was demoted this post isn't to shame/bash him.

Personally i would like to say Thank you joe for all you had done. you have helped GG more than you could ever have know, but more than that you helped me. You took a lot of the slack last year when I was going through a rough time in real life. I know the role of manager had been stressful at times but you stuck with it.

Joe started out as a janitor on jailbreak while @olly8092 was the Admin. I don't usually remember many of the janitors because lets face it, janitor promotions have been like a revolving door. But Joe used to message me asking to help out and i kept just responding with "Thanks but we don't really need anyone at the moment". Then Olly decided that enough was enough and he wanted to step down. Joe was the only local replacement (Mostly because everyone else was questionable......well more questionable), but as an Admin joe took his role very seriously but still had fun, then once again he kept asking to help out, which i had to respond with sure. He kept asking for access to the server files which i was VERY cautious about. so instead he used to modify the files then just ask me to upload them. and he did a fantastic job. So as time went on and many cock ups on my behalf I decided to give him access to the sacred Jailbreak files and joe just hit the ground running, he made custom scripts for LR, custom HUDS and all sorts of stuff like that. Then joes passion for Jailbreak kinda died down a little and he couldn't motivate himself to commit to time in game and develop the server. So i gave him a choice, he could either stay as an admin and not develop the servers or i could give him the managers rank and he could help support me from there.

And that's pretty much the abridged story of Joes journey through the GG ranks,

All I can say is Thank you Joe for all you have done and I'm sorry that your time as manager had to be concluded in the way that it did.

Comments

• The_narratorThe_narrator Posts: 177Community_Member
    Thanks joe one thing but can we keep the who the fuck is joe aldred gimp pweeese
  • RoseRose Posts: 395Community_Member
    Why Retired @Sonic_Cloud ? If you don't mind me asking.
  • Sonic_CloudSonic_Cloud Posts: 495Owner
    @Rose He was returned to retired until i get chance to talk to him about vet(No application necessary obviously ). Just didn't want to make an assumption since before he has stated its difficult to moderate with his current job
  • ZunniZunni Posts: 280Veteran
    Good luck in the future Joe boi. I am gonna miss your sarc.... your sweet smil..... your funny humo...

Welcome to the ret ranks <3
    Psychotic_TomAntidote
  • SpookySkeletonSpookySkeleton Posts: 47Community_Member
    I never knew joe that much, i did speak to him once but id like to say joe was a very nice person and he will never be forgotten about
  • DieselDiesel Posts: 21Community_Member
    You can't demote Joe, he is the face of Gentlemen Gamers. Like no offence but I've only spoken to you, Sonic, once and my first and only encounter with Rob I ended being banned for no reason. I mean, I know a lot of administration and work goes on behind the scenes but you really need Joe as the face of the community as he was always there for you to talk to and he was a great manager if i'm honest. I urge you to re-think your decision Sonic because I don't think anyone could replace Joe.

Obviously I don't know what the reason is so I can't say you were entirely wrong it's just I feel like this is the demotion of a very great manager.
    PandaOfficiallyAntidote
  • JJ_HackettJJ_Hackett Posts: 2Community_Member
    RIP Charly
    REALJustFab
  • JJ_HackettJJ_Hackett Posts: 2Community_Member
    Shit i meant Joe
    AntidoteDynamite
  • PandaPanda Posts: 24Community_Member
    Well me and joe didnt exactly get on during the DarkRP days due to issues that arent of concern to players unless they were involved. But recently i must admitt he has grown on me as a person and a manager alike. I feel this demotion was unnecessary however i have to accept it. Joe thanks for all your good shit bro.

Sieg Heil.
    #Joeformanager
    Diesel
  • OfficiallyOfficially Posts: 815Community_Member
    On a serious note, though, I'm really going to miss Joe. To be frank, I can't understand how GG will function in the same way. He put in thousands of hours of moderation and coding. He's rebuilt the forums multiple times and single-handedly made multiple successful servers for GG. GG has always been great but Joe made it the best Goddamn community out there. If this is the end of the joe.aldred era, is there a something better than the Veteran rank he can be given as a thank you?
    Dieselwatchdog270514
    @Diesel and @Panda Unfortunately this is something that i personally felt i had to do for numerous reasons, not all of which are related to Joe. but you have hit one of the reasons, nobody knows who i am, this doesn't feel like my community and i have felt like an outsider for quite some time now. That's why i needed to throw myself back into the community head first (And no this does not mean that i demoted Joe because i am selfish.) i have my reasons and me and joe are going to have a big shouting fest tomorrow about it all.

so i'm sorry if this feels unfair and you don't agree with it, but if i didn't do this my attachment to the community would have deteriorated to nothing and i would have wanted to close it all down.

But there are quite a few reasons for this choice.
    @Officially, yes i know Joe has done so much for the community, and yes i agree that he has helped shape the community to what it is today. And when i talk to him tomorrow we will discuss how we both want to go forward. Because I am trying to my hardest not to screw everything up and all the lives of the people who have help make Gentlemen Gamers.
  • RoseRose Posts: 395Community_Member
    I'm assuming someone spammed this and it all got deleted? Ta for the 29 notifications :#
    AntidoteOfficially
  • IngeInge Posts: 684Veteran
    I think he was the first who received Trusted through the "new" system after I changed it by adding references, needing to apply etc. He was the first I promoted and (at the time) it gave me a lot of hope for future Trusted if someone like him was the first one. After that it went down hill with him of course. Had to add that otherwise I wouldn't be a real salty vet.
    OfficiallyTheUmpire
    That signature keeps giving me aids...
    OfficiallyAntidote
    Inge said:

I think he was the first who received Trusted through the "new" system after I changed it by adding references, needing to apply etc. He was the first I promoted and (at the time) it gave me a lot of hope for future Trusted if someone like him was the first one. After that it went down hill with him of course. Had to add that otherwise I wouldn't be a real salty vet.

I didn't really know him before Trusted and only saw him once as Trusted before he got Janitor but he was always awesome. Joe's been dedicated from the start and only gotten more dedicated over the last 2 years.
    watchdog270514
  • AntidoteAntidote Posts: 60Community_Member
    sowwy bro...
    Inge said:

That signature keeps giving me aids...

Can we get some kind of character limi.....

Wait. Who fixes the forums now?
    DieselAntidoteREALJustFabwatchdog270514
    In all seriousness, I'll actually miss Joe.. even though he didn't let me get out of my ban by paying for donor ranks... He was a wicked rad dude yo.
    Diesel
  • KodiKodi Posts: 231Community_Member
    He isn't dead xD
    NICHOLLTRONRoseAntidotecoutiniDieselREALJustFab
  • MCDude16MCDude16 Posts: 37Community_Member
    Like many others on G, I didn't know him well, played with him maybe a dosen times, spoke with him on team speak an amount of times that I could count solely on my left hand. But Joe is like a GG name, everyone Regular is familiar with the name, guests and members hear mystical legends of when this rare event of a Joe appearing from the wild happens. But seriously though, Joe, you are an epic guy, even since I came to GG about a year ago, you have reshaped it to unimaginable heights. Your the reason that my favourite server and community IS my favourite. Love you bro :3
    Diesel
    Yes he is!
    Kodi
    Kodi said:

He isn't dead xD

He had been dead inside for a long long time though. That's what GG does to people...
    KodiRoseNICHOLLTRONcoutiniOfficiallyREALJustFab
  • TheUmpireTheUmpire Posts: 201Admin
    I never really knew you Joe, but we will miss you. As I read the comments you were a great manager. I can understand Sonic also tbh.

I have an idea: Inge for manager?
  • PandaPanda Posts: 24Community_Member
    I agree Sonic, you haven't been in touch with the community for a while now as most people dont even know of your existence which is a shame. Throwing yourself back in is a bold move as joe was in touch with the community. However as the owner i respect your decision greatly. Maybe a new rank or something as Officially mentioned would be a nice touch for joe as he did a fucking tonne of shit for GG. He should be manager, he should be back where he was but I cant change jack shit.
    Thanks for the shits and giggles over the past 2 years ive played Joe.
    Sonic best of luck with the community now you fucked the manager.
    Antidote
    We could start a GoFundMe to buy Joe a pizza
    Dieselwatchdog270514
  • joe.aldredjoe.aldred Posts: 1,233Admin
    Who paid you guys to say such nice things about me?

I'm not dead, and I'm not gone. I'll still be hanging around for a while longer.
    Diesel
    Although I'm reluctant to offer Joe his manager rank back. I have been thinking all night about another position in the community that ticks all my boxes.
    @Sonic_Cloud I get the feeling that your message is meant to say that you either have or haven't found somebody who ticks all the boxes but I'm not sure which.
    watchdog270514
    @Officially, No i ment another position in the community for joe that tickets all my boxes because i agree that he is better suited to be more front of house however i will talk to him about that tonight