Xbox and Lap-Top compatible WiFi headset?

SectioPrimaSectioPrima Posts: 9Community_Member
Hello,

I've been googling a few days now. I'm looking for a WiFi headset that would work with my Xbox consoles (360 and One) and with my LapTop as well. I can't manage to fine one tho... There are headsets that either work with PC's, LapTop's, Xbox'es or other platforms (not with few of them at once). I can't find a decent multi-platform one.. The ones I found are very expensive. What i came up with is this quite old headset (but evaluated quite good by reviewers) but the problem is I cant manage to figure out whether it works with LapTops. In the schematics it shows it can connect to a LapTop but no one that owns the headset says so anywhere in youtube or other sites..
Does anyone know anything about this headset or maybe you could offer me some alternative???

The headset I was talking about is HUHD 399M WiFi headset.
https://www.amazon.com/HUHD-HW-399M-Fiber-optical-Detac...

Thank you in advance for your replies!
-sp

Comments

• NICHOLLTRONNICHOLLTRON Posts: 409Community_Member
    It might be an idea to see if one of the expensive headsets like Astro or Turtlebeach are a bit cheaper on eBay maybe?
  • KodiKodi Posts: 231Community_Member
    Yeah @NICHOLLTRON is so good with headsets, he got a really good one for Christmas ;)
    NICHOLLTRON
  • RoseRose Posts: 395Community_Member
    "MUM WHAT THE FUCK I WANTED THE OTHER ONE WHICH WAS MORE EXPENSIVE REFUND THIS RIGHT NOW"
    KodiNICHOLLTRON
  • SectioPrimaSectioPrima Posts: 9Community_Member
    But ASTRO is very expensive and TurtleBeach needs to be wire connected to LapTop's mic-in port in order for it to fully function (also it has to have a 3,5 to 2,5 adapter). Thant makes it not WiFi when using with LapTop's :/
  • joe.aldredjoe.aldred Posts: 1,233Admin
    I really wouldn't recommend any wireless headsets. I'm sure you could find a wired version which is multi platform, better quality and less money. As far as I'm aware, the Xbox one has a standard 3.5mm combi jack on the controller, so anything with that will work on a laptop (you MIGHT need a splitter, though.)

I really wouldn't recommend any wireless headsets. I'm sure you could find a wired version which is multi platform, better quality and less money. As far as I'm aware, the Xbox one has a standard 3.5mm combi jack on the controller, so anything with that will work on a laptop (you MIGHT need a splitter, though.)

That's the thing, I have Wired headset, but I'm tired from the cables. I have a Wireles Bluetooth headset, which is good for watching movies and listening to music but it's bad for gaming because it has a latency (0,1-0,5 sec). Thats why I'm now searching for a cross platform WiFi headset, and can't find a decent one. The one I gave a link to in the beginning of this thread works with Xbox'es and PC's but dunno whether it works with LapTop's. Since there is no Optical Port in a LapTop. But i found some schematics for that headset online that show a connection to the LapTop via USB port only, but noone that owns that headset responds to me.
    This product image suggests you'll still need a cable to use the headset's mic on both the Xbox One and 360:

This product image suggests you'll still need a cable to use the headset's mic on both the Xbox One and 360:

Yes, that I know, there is no other way around it when you use a headset on Xbox consoles. But what is important to me is the connection method to LapTop.
    On the schematic you posted it show only connection to PC, but i found one that shos connection to LapTop as well. Here:

I can only assume that it will work, just with inferior sound quality compared to the optical connection for audio.
    So the USB connection should transfer both game audio and communications audio?
  • OriichilariOriichilari Posts: 110Admin
    ALERT ALERT THAT HEADSET IS TRASH. The mic jack in the headset wears out super quickly and becomes unusable, well at least mine did in about 6 motnhs
    bobbyfreddy400

ALERT ALERT THAT HEADSET IS TRASH. The mic jack in the headset wears out super quickly and becomes unusable, well at least mine did in about 6 motnhs

Did you plug it in and out often? What about the mic sound quality? What about connectin the headset to LapTop? Did you try it?
    Considering you'll still need a cable for both xboxs, you might as well get a wired headet. At least you won't have to faff around with the receiver every time you want to play something else. You also don't have to worry about battery issues, either.

The hyper x cloud 2 is a very good headset for the money, and has a relatively short cable that won't get in the way. It comes with a 3.5mm combi jack which you can use on the Xbox one, and on the 360 with an adapter. There is also a USB DAC in the box, but it really kills the mic quality, so you're better off plugging straight into your laptop. If your laptop has separated jacks, an adapter for that is about 30 pence on Amazon.

Considering you'll still need a cable for both xboxs, you might as well get a wired headet. At least you won't have to faff around with the receiver every time you want to play something else. You also don't have to worry about battery issues, either.

The hyper x cloud 2 is a very good headset for the money, and has a relatively short cable that won't get in the way. It comes with a 3.5mm combi jack which you can use on the Xbox one, and on the 360 with an adapter. There is also a USB DAC in the box, but it really kills the mic quality, so you're better off plugging straight into your laptop. If your laptop has separated jacks, an adapter for that is about 30 pence on Amazon.

But in your case you have to use 2 cable when playing on Xbox. 1 cable to connect to Xbox controller to hear voice and the second cable you need to connect to Xbox Console to hear game sounds. While with WiFi headset you only need to wire the to the controller, which is also wireless. So you can move around freely anyway..
    Well Xbox need to get their shit together then xD
    @SectioPrima Not particularly. The mic quality was average at best. I only used it on PC. But I will say the wireless range is surprisingly good

It's alright for it's price, but don't be surprised if you have to end up replacing it sooner than you'd want.

@SectioPrima Not particularly. The mic quality was average at best. I only used it on PC. But I will say the wireless range is surprisingly good

It's alright for it's price, but don't be surprised if you have to end up replacing it sooner than you'd want.

Hmm. But the main concern for me now is whether you can use it with Lap-Top.
    Well if it works on pc it'll work on a laptop

Well if it works on pc it'll work on a laptop

So by connecting to your PC you only used the USB port? Not in addition the Optical Cable port?