A new Server maybe?

LordManatee01LordManatee01 Posts: 29Community_Member
Hi Guys :D
I was thinking about something today at school a Marvel (Yes The Superhero Comic Company) Role play server I thought this Idea because its not a gamemode on Garrys mod yet. I think this will increase the amount of People who play on the community :) I just want other people's opinion of this idea :)

Comments

• joe.aldredjoe.aldred Posts: 1,233Admin
    It would be very hard to launch for a couple of reasons:

-We had to shutdown our DarkRP server due to staffing issues, and that's the most popular gamemode on Gmod
    -As a brand new gamemode, it will appear pretty much rock bottom of the gamemodes list as the total players will always be very low

A nice idea, but I dont personally feel like it will work out. I put a hell of a lot of time into DarkRP and I cant possibly do the same when there is such a high risk of failure.
  • The_narratorThe_narrator Posts: 177Community_Member
    #makedarkRP great again
  • LordManatee01LordManatee01 Posts: 29Community_Member
    Mmmm @joe.aldred we could maybe bring back Dark RP than and add a couple (2) superhero Jobs for Donator classes. also add cars :)
  • Sonic_CloudSonic_Cloud Posts: 499Owner
    It's something that's possible and we would love to do but it struggled as a server without staff as people take it so seriously. But it's something we can look into if the funding and players are available to me later in the year :P
    @Sonic_Cloud I honestly won't mind helping you guys out with the new game mode
  • Sonic_CloudSonic_Cloud Posts: 499Owner
    @LordManatee01 Thank you for the offer, we do appreciate anyone that is willing to help its just unfortunate that we don't have the time to set up the base server for this. (Unless you have an already fully functioning server in your back pocket :P)
    I think bringing darkrp back from the grave is a very wise idea, but only when we have a stable enough player base to support the sheer amount of staff that it needs
    @joe.aldred
    Maybe we could add more addons yes this will be a pain but it could bring more people in if we have addons what other people don't
    I'm gonna go out and say that our server was failing mainly due to the lack of staff. It didn't have tons of addons, but it was quite unique. Nothing is confirmed as of yet and we won't bring DRP back unless we want to do it. I have much less time to do addons and features etc. which makes it difficult.
  • RoseRose Posts: 395Community_Member
    *psst* It was more Vanilla than the MC server ;)
    KodiIngeVelox
  • IngeInge Posts: 686Veteran
    Rose said:

*psst* It was more Vanilla than the MC server ;)

Hehe. That comment was right on target :$