[Minecraft] Suggestions

DjharperDjharper Posts: 229Veteran
Right, I know I will probably get people shouting at me: "Vanilla is the best, if you don't like it find another server!" My response is no :3. The server is great but I really think some minor plugins would help. I'm not talking townie or anything good like that but some simple things. Here is a list:

/sethome this command makes the game fun as instead of back tracking a four hour adventure therefore deterring you from doing so it lets you return to your home!

/spawn Just let us have this as (And this is selfish) other people and I live bloody miles away. In the nether it takes me a long, hard journey to go to a spawn point.

/warp If you don't wanna give us the above two let us have this.

Any form of teleporting is good as it makes the game more enjoyable and you don't dread journeys. This doesn't effect the vanilla but is more of a time saver.

/tpa [name] lets you play with friends easier which is the point of multiplayer

CLAIMS for God's sake let us have bloody claims. If I wasn't so scared of griefing and stealing I wouldn't live so far away but someone today got over 20 diamonds nicked from them. Why should we not have claims?

Ranks. This may be controversial but do ranks such as we have in the other game modes. A sense of achievement might be healthy to keep players going to get a new rank!

KeepInventory. Yeah feel free not to add it but it could help as well as a /pvp to save newbies

Now I know I'm probably gonna have our host shouting how "Vanilla is best" and if I wanted to play a game where vanilla is best I would play WoW... Plugins are a fun way to make a server good and while we don't need a townie or factions (I would love a townie plugin but probs not gonna happen) please just give us something. /sethome and /spawn are essentials!

Please bloody add some to make this mode funner. Cheers.
What to add
  1. What do you want most?5 votes
    1. /sethome
      60.00%
    2. /spawn
        0.00%
    3. /warp
      20.00%
    4. /tpa
        0.00%
    5. Claims!
        0.00%
    6. KeepInventory
      20.00%

Comments

• Sonic_CloudSonic_Cloud Posts: 495Owner
    I mean I'm going to speak on behalf of @Inzanit I think he will agree. Monroe addons the don't effect the gameplay but keep the security of the server and community are fine but addons that make the game easier and make the game loose it wonder are just a no go for us.

I personally dislike any sort of warping commands as they take out a big aspect of the game. It makes you wonder about what you're doing and the exploration you are doing.

Keep inventory is just a terrible idea. It takes risk vs rewards out of the game. You may aswell play creative if you have nothing to loose

Ranks would just be synced with the current ranks we have in the community but they could cause issues for players who don't own gmod or dislike the game.

Claims wouldn't be needed but a log of player actions would probably be a better idea

Warp and spawn commands I have the same issue as the home command
  • Sonic_CloudSonic_Cloud Posts: 495Owner
    Also, your poll is a little biased. It doesn't allow people to vote for just basic Minecraft
  • DjharperDjharper Posts: 229Veteran
    If you desire vanilla don't vote, it asks your favourite feature- not if you want vanilla or not. If that was unclear I apologise.
  • joe.aldredjoe.aldred Posts: 1,233Admin
    edited January 2017
    By not having a 'vanilla' option, it makes it unclear how many people in comparison prefer it. 60% of all people who see this post might like vanilla over a modded server. Your vote only represents the opinion of those who want mods.
  • InzanitInzanit Posts: 14Owner
    edited January 2017
    A lot of the additions you want take the fun out of vanilla Minecraft. Warping, teleporting. Definitely don't see need for that. Griefing, stealing, yes. I agree. But claims is too anti-vanilla. I've added some stuff which will at least let me/Sonic/admins roll back stuff. I don't want much more and neither do other people who joined for the sheer fact it's vanilla.

If you're looking for that kind of experience, this isn't the server.
  • DjharperDjharper Posts: 229Veteran
    Okay cool! Thanks for the feedback and for opening my eyes.