[Global] Achievement System

DjharperDjharper Posts: 229Veteran
Hey guys, now this is more of a suggestion that links with the things people want added to shop! So before I begin I just want to give a huge thanks to Sonic & Joe for confirming, (Yes I saw that post Sonic), that new items would be added to shop in this glorious year of 2017. So, without further ado, lets begin!

Base:
So this Suggestion post is all about achievements; As many of you will know G-mods achievements are... well... less than underwhelming. So, lets build our own! This would be a system on our servers, (I've seen it on others but we could possibly customise it), where we would have our own achievements and rewards which can be accessed through a command of something like F12.

Simple Ideas:
So you would have different achievements per server with menus to switch between the tabs. Now as I am mainly a JB player a few I could think of is something like kill 5guards as prisoner in one round or get 5rifle kills while mid-air. Now these would get certain rewards linking to the achievement, for example the former would get you a gun holster and the latter a duck hat (Duck hunt... get it?).

Implementation:
This would have to be input in a way it is obvious to both veteran and new players with some form of broadcast and possibly every time you get an achievement a chat message is show. You would also have to make these achievements accessible to everyone, (Skill level not included), so a guest could get the same achievement an admin could. Finally these items would likely all be cosmetic such as the gun holster but as people have been asking for CS:GO knives it could be a fun way to add them. The rewards would also have to be interesting so instead of giving a dull trail give us a grenade at our belts or some ammo across the chest. Finally rewards should be cross server so people who mainly play TTT are encouraged to join JB for that sexy gun holster or the JB players join murder for that amazing Tactical Visor. The world is our oyster.

Conclusion:
Thanks for reading and if, @Sonic_Cloud and @joe.aldred , have any thoughts on the possibility or probability of this feel free and if anyone has seen this addon please mention if you liked it, I personally used to play on a TTT server where me and some friends would spend hours achievement hunting for something stupid like a pet that followed you. This system was mainly as a fun way to get items as when some people, *Cough* @Officially *Cough*, have 30K or more they could buy everything while achievements would make everyone spend more time. Finally this could be used to add a shop to murder giving us achievements to get things, (For murder I think knife skins, gun skins and possibly emotes would be good).

Thanks and goodbye, Dj out!

ZunniPortal

Comments

• The_narratorThe_narrator Posts: 177Community_Member
    love the idea :) xD

Zunni
  • ZunniZunni Posts: 280Veteran
    OMG Dj I so much love the idea.
    As a competative kinda guy I wanna win them all if it happend and also set my eyes for new goals :D.
  • DjharperDjharper Posts: 229Veteran
    Haha, even if we don't get cosmetic items or any cool stuff we could at least do points ;3
  • IngeInge Posts: 684Veteran
    We had achievements in the past though and they fucke dup either the game or caused an insane amount of lag. But not sure what it was.