Trusted Power.

TweetyBird™TweetyBird™ Posts: 11Community_Member
I was thinking, and maybe trusted people aren't powerful enough? I mean, if maybe we had the power to vote revive, and vote force swap, we wouldn't have to use kick, as it would be unfair in a full server to kick a guest guard for rdming when they don't know what they're doing. I do understand that it would take a lot more responsibility than it is right now, but I think it would be worth it. At the moment, trusted members cant do much about RDM apart from vote kicking, and that's taking it a tad bit too far, so if vote forceswap was a thing, it would be much easier. Thank you for reading :) <3

Comments

• KodiKodi Posts: 231Community_Member
    I disagree, I have already seen trusted people abuse the vote kick when Jans are online so giving more power would be silly and in my opinion it is not needed. There are many janitors about so if you need help then we are all just one poke or message away :)
    ShewolfTweetyBird™
  • RoseRose Posts: 395Community_Member
    There's plently of Janitors and Veterans that you could ask for help from by either giving them a poke on TeamSpeak, using the !request command in-game or giving us a quick add and message on Steam surely?
  • DornyDorny Posts: 126Community_Member
    It has basically already been said, but a Janitor or Veteran is never too far away to help. Trusted is fairly easy to get if you have enough time and I think that more power means more chance of abuse. I mean, if I had access to commands like explode I would abuse the fuck out of them!
  • joe.aldredjoe.aldred Posts: 1,233Admin
    Leave exploding players to the professionals, like me.
  • RoseRose Posts: 395Community_Member
    It wasn't very professional that time it made my Gmod crash :(
  • OriichilariOriichilari Posts: 110Admin
    Kodi said:

I disagree, I have already seen trusted people abuse the vote kick when Jans are online so giving more power would be silly and in my opinion it is not needed. There are many janitors about so if you need help then we are all just one poke or message away :)

Underlying problem: if trusteds are abusing the why are they trusted *cough* :thinking:
    SaifShewolfTweetyBird™
  • The_narratorThe_narrator Posts: 177Community_Member
    i know this got discussed at the meeting varying alternatives were suggestedi orii does make a valid point

the natural progression for the correct candidate would be trusted to janitor should they feel the need to apply and a position becomes available

The idea i threw around in the trusted meeting was command prompts and a bit more leeway to what trusted have access to we have vote replacements brought up and some commands asked to be unlocked and feel this could somewhat be a route to take however i agree with the old marvel saying even with me loving DC "with great power comes great responsibility"

Now trusted Should be their rank for a reason but if said features were granted and i think this ideas been floated around

having another rank between trusted and jan or a specifically trusted member who is known to be very active who as access to more commands than a normal trusted and less than the janitors would be a possible route to look at

as for underlying power of aboose if it happens they lose everything it can't be made any simplier than that

i agree janitors are always about but lately and im talking around 9pm onwards in the uk theres less chance of a janitor and i respect we all have lives but i know theres normally around 1 - 3 trusted on so if they can be 100% trusted with some more commands just to smooth along the trolls and bad aspects of the game surely it would be a win win

i will need to review this post in the morning as its 1.32am and i need sleep however i think ive made the points clear

if not then !explode
    SaifTweetyBird™
  • SaifSaif Posts: 36Community_Member
    ^ What he said

There should definitely be a rank between Trusted and Jan, something for the more trusted players out there because lets face it, several trusted members aren't really... trustworthy.

People who have that command should be at least able to instagag/instamute without actually having to raise a vote tbh. There have been several occasions this week were Narrator for example tried votegagging people who were literally shouting into their mics and were legit just trolling around, but wasn't able to do so because the votes didn't really pass, either because:

1.) Players couldn't be bothered pressing 1 or 2 on their keyboard
    2.) Players were alive and hence didn't actually have to deal with the mic spamming that was going on when dead (so they actually didn't even know the mic spamming was going on tbh)

Consequently, that ended up forcing me to actually get into Gmod just to deal with it which was a bit of a pain since I had exams going on at the exact same time and was extremely busy with uni work. I would love to see a rank between both Trusted and Jan that allows instagagging and insta-muting tbh. You don't have to give it to many people either tbh, to avoid having to deal with it being possibly 'exploited' if that's what you're worried about :smile: .

The_narratorTweetyBird™
  • SaifSaif Posts: 36Community_Member
    Oh yeah and before I forget, I'm 100% against the idea of Trusted members getting more power as I do feel it will definitely be abused. However, adding a rank in between Trusted and Jan (like what The Narrator suggested) could work tbh.
    The_narratorTweetyBird™
  • TweetyBird™TweetyBird™ Posts: 11Community_Member

Kodi said:

Underlying problem: if trusteds are abusing the why are they trusted *cough* :thinking:
    Yes, though those trusted members shouldn't have been trusted in the first place, Ori :/ If you know trusted members like that then warn them.
  • coutinicoutini Posts: 45Community_Member
    Saif said:

^ What he said

There should definitely be a rank between Trusted and Jan, something for the more trusted players out there because lets face it, several trusted members aren't really... trustworthy.

Well..if there are trusted members who aren't "trustworthy" then why and how are they getting that rank?? The references system exists to make sure that atleast 3 jans approve that person as a trusted, so if non-trustworthy people are getting those refs then something is wrong.
    Also, having a new rank between trusted and janitor doesn't make much sense. Trusteds are supposedly "special" members that earned that rank by showing dedication to the servers and with that got some powers. By having more powers or creating a new type of trusted rank, that would be moderating and that's for staff to do.
    Kodi
  • KodiKodi Posts: 231Community_Member
    There are already a good amount of ranks and adding another seems a bit unnecessary. Trusteds have lasted this long without having more commands so I personally do not really see why it is a big deal. Back when I was trusted me and @Rose would stay up really late on the servers and have to deal with trolls when no staff were online, It got annoying so that was one of the reasons we wanted to become janitor. Now there are ways to deal with rdm without coming onto the server. The staff portal is a big help and if you need staff then do a request and I am sure somebody will see it. I have the portal open most of the time and I know a few other jan/vets that do as well.
    coutini
    Trusted will not be gaining any additional powers (apart from potentially making voterev a thing on JB) and we do not have any intentions of creating another rank.
    Zunni
    edited December 2016
    Vote command pass percentages will be lowered to 40/45%
    ZunniShewolfREALJustFab
This discussion has been closed.